Rapture

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rapture

Forum dedicated to the community on the Rapture SMP Minecraft server.

3 posters

Autaall's Minecart Station

Autaall
    Slave

Autaall's Minecart Station Empty Autaall's Minecart Station

Post  Autaall Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:44 pm

NOTE: This design is incomplete and only shows the main switcher. The incoming cart system hasn't been designed. Keep it in mind that if you make multiple platforms you will need a system that sends incoming minecarts to an available platform. Also, if anything here is unclear, wrong or could be improved please let me know.

I've invented (and partially stole) a design for a minecart station that allows multiple incoming/outgoing platforms and multiple destinations using Minecart Mania and the plugin Queepo acquired that allows for switchable signs.

First, the bit I stole. I’m using Zorac’s Compact Buttons/Lights because they are incredibly useful and awesome. Check them out. Also, I've been greatly inspired by MMZ Timelord’s design and Humanplacebo’s design among others.

It also makes use of Minecart Mania’s station function and intersection blocks, which can be checked out at the Minecart Mania wiki.

Now onto the system. There are several parts to the design, but I’ll start on the most interesting, the main switcher. Note that though I only show 3 platforms and 4 destinations you can have as many or as few as you want. Here’s an image that I made because I found it’s too hard to explain with just words:

Autaall's Minecart Station Mineca12

So, what happens is that you enter from a platform and go into the switcher. First you go over the cart recycling intersection block. Intersection blocks are brick and in this design they are all defined by a sign underneath (or nearby, it doesn’t have to be underneath) that has the following written on it:

Code:

[Player:STR]
    [Empty:R]

This will sort empty minecarts right into the cart recycling system while letting players straight through. Simple enough.

Then you reach the redstone station setter. The magic begins now. They are set up so that when the signal for wherever you want to go is sent through they activate and set your ‘station’ or destination. The way this works is by placing a sign beneath some track with the following written on it:

Code:

<[Station:001]|

Where “001” is the station id (by the way, that “|” on the end is made by pressing Shift+\). It should say something about half Xsign created in the chat or something. Then destroy the sign. Yes, destroy it! Then place it back and write |>. Then power the sign. You'll notice it changes to back to the set station sign. Then turn off the power. It will now show nothing. In this example the block’s marked 1 through 4 sets the station to “001” through to “004” respectively.

Now this is an incredibly useful function, and you’ll see why soon. First all the other platforms are integrated into one line, so that I only need one outgoing set of exits. Then they approach the intersection blocks that organize them to go to one of the 4 destinations that have been set. Now you may be thinking I’m stupid, because there is only one station block and two lines out. You see though, in this example destinations one and two are close together and the same for three and four I can send one track towards each and then sort them later, saving minecart track and time! This works because of the way intersection blocks work. On sign 5 is written:

Code:

[st-001:S]
    [st-002:S]
    [Player:E]

This will send those with stations set at “001” or “002” south and all other players will continue west. Remember that more than one sign can be used to define an intersection block! Now at various points on the route there might be intersections with signs like:

Code:

[st-001:N]
    [st-008:S]
    [Player:W]

To further sort players to their correct destination.

The other parts of the station are rather basic. A platform with easily accessible buttons based on Zorac’s Compact Buttons/Lights with a system the supplies empty minecarts when required and a button for launching minecarts to get into the main switcher. Bonus points if you can prevent it from accidently sending a minecart when there is one in the station already.

Then there’s incoming carts to be sorted into a free platform... but I will make a post on that when I figure out a plan for it.

Thanks for reading my wall of text! I may or may not update it with the incoming cart plans depending on whether anyone's interested or not.

Last edited by Autaall on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I put up the wrong image - thanks for pointing that out Nbord. Put up a replacement.)
    Tariss
    Tariss
    Man

Autaall's Minecart Station Empty Re: Autaall's Minecart Station

Post  Tariss Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Absolutely epic. I'm a complete noob with this kind of stuff: maybe you could be the "Head of Station Technology" for the RRI? XD

... Seriously. Say you'll help? ^^;
    5730688B73F8190B
    Man

Post  5730688B73F8190B Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:37 pm

x

Last edited by Nbord on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Autaall
    Slave

Post  Autaall Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 am

Whoops, I put up the wrong image. There are no parts with redstone underneath, that's leftover from another plan. I've put up a better one but I'll make the signs blue when I get a chance. Thanks for pointing that out!

And I can help if you want Tariss.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am