Rapture

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rapture

Forum dedicated to the community on the Rapture SMP Minecraft server.

5 posters

My current issue

FatalxMistake
    FatalxMistake
    Man

Location : NOT in my super sercet hidy hole under my house where i keep my diamonds

My current issue Empty My current issue

Post  FatalxMistake Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Here goes.
    Over the past few months my laptops performance has rapidly deteriorated, leaving me currently with a crappy laptop that has issues playing minecraft on fast graphics, loading web pages like this one, and a more recent issue, the screen has to be in just a correct spot or it falls in such a way that i cant see it. (hinges are screwed up)
    So, as i have noticed this i have asked my parents to get me a desktop, my mom says that she will not buy me one and to start saving my money. My dad says that he will not buy a computer for me for my moms house. So now i am stuck with the task of raising 1500 dollars to get the computer i want. Whoop de frickin do.
    So if anyone has ideas on what i can do for this, that would be nice :p
    (sorry for text wall)
    5730688B73F8190B
    Man

My current issue Empty Re: My current issue

Post  5730688B73F8190B Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:48 pm

x

Last edited by Nbord on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    FatalxMistake
    FatalxMistake
    Man

Location : NOT in my super sercet hidy hole under my house where i keep my diamonds

Post  FatalxMistake Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:16 am

I know 1500 is a bit much, but that computer is really good, 8gb of ram, 1tb harddrive and lots of other super cool stuff. My dad has one that i use at his house (not mine though), and so, i would like to get one for myself :p
    5730688B73F8190B
    Man

Post  5730688B73F8190B Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:42 am

x

Last edited by Nbord on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    FatalxMistake
    FatalxMistake
    Man

Post  FatalxMistake Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:02 am

huh, maby i will try that. Sounds like a cool project to do.

List of stuff i will need:
    RAM
    Harddrive
    Fan
    Mother board
    Graphics card
    Audio card
    lots of cables

cant think of anything else right now
    XScopeX
    XScopeX
    Man

Post  XScopeX Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:38 am

You are going far too overboard. Answer these questions and I can help you.
    1. Is your laptop unrepairable
    2. What will your computer be used for, if gaming, what kind of games?
    3. What currency is this in? And how much is a medium spec computer?
    Also 8GB is way too much RAM, thats just wasting money.
    Tariss
    Tariss
    Man

Post  Tariss Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:01 am

Nbord's idea is certainly the best way to go in my opinion. My brother assembled his computer for around AUD$700 and it has much better specs than my computer.
    Queepo
    Queepo
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Queepo Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 am

What are you using it for. If gaming is the main thing you wont need to pay more than 1000 to get something that can handle any games. Like scope said 8GB is far too much.
    FatalxMistake
    FatalxMistake
    Man

Post  FatalxMistake Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:19 pm

@Scope
    1)Ive got no idea, but it is like 4 years old and they discontinued this brand soon after i bought it. it is a dell inspiron 1525
    2)I would use it for all the stuff i use this current computer for. Playing MC, doing my hw (word, powerpoint, etc.), surfing teh interwebs, and some other stuff like video editing.\
    3)This is in US dollars. a medium spec computer i believe is around 4gb of ram, 2-3 ghz, 200-500gb harddrive (im talking desktops not laptops)
    And BTW that other computer is a Dell Studio XPS model which i do believe is made to run programs that use alot of memory/ram like Adobe Photoshop and other editing programs

@Queepo
    basically the same thing i said to scope in #2; gaming, hw, internet, video/picture editing.

EDIT: lol ive been spelling hard drive as one word on every one of my posts, thats embarassing :p
    Tariss
    Tariss
    Man

Post  Tariss Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:43 pm

I would use it for all the stuff i use this current computer for. Playing MC, doing my hw (word, powerpoint, etc.), surfing teh interwebs... fapping...

I couldn't resist.

Anyway *puts mature face back on*, I also agree with XScopeX, my computer has 2GB of ram and it handles MC and other games fairly well- and my computer is now around four years old! I would suggest you look at something with a little less ram :)
    FatalxMistake
    FatalxMistake
    Man

Post  FatalxMistake Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Tariss wrote:
    I would use it for all the stuff i use this current computer for. Playing MC, doing my hw (word, powerpoint, etc.), surfing teh interwebs... fapping...

I couldn't resist.

Anyway *puts mature face back on*, I also agree with XScopeX, my computer has 2GB of ram and it handles MC and other games fairly well- and my computer is now around four years old! I would suggest you look at something with a little less ram Smile
    *sigh* real mature.

Yeah i may look into something with a little less RAM, but not much less though because i still want to use it for RAM/memory eating programs like photoshop and Final Cut Pro/Pinnical Studios
    5730688B73F8190B
    Man

Post  5730688B73F8190B Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 pm

x

Last edited by Nbord on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    XScopeX
    XScopeX
    Man

Post  XScopeX Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Right, for the stuff you are telling me, there is absolutely no point in spending a ridiculous amount on a computer, you don't need a top spec gaming Pc for what you are doing, I recommend a nice middle tier Pc, nothing too expensive, make sure you look online and read reviews. Once you find it, post the link here and I can tell you if the computer is good enough for you Smile
    FatalxMistake
    FatalxMistake
    Man

Post  FatalxMistake Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:35 am

cool thanks
    EDIT: scope, here is another desktop ive been looking at. Customized to my liking, it is around 850-900 USD. There are a few things that would be cool to have with it, but aren't totally necessary.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:20 am