Rapture

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rapture

Forum dedicated to the community on the Rapture SMP Minecraft server.

+3
Adlin
FatalxMistake
DirtyStarfish
7 posters

Players using mods

DirtyStarfish
    Slave

Players using mods Empty Players using mods

Post  DirtyStarfish Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:35 am

Hey

Recently there has been an increase in the amount of new players joining, and using mods such as the FlyMod.
    Today, there was one, and as I'm writing this there is a group of them flying around spawn killing everyone..

For day time - early evening in the UK there are no mods/admins online, and the problem is left to be dealt with until night, when and if an admin comes online.

I know there were people that had issues with the increase in the number of mods that were made not that long ago, but, there is now no-one online during the day that can kick/ban people causing problems.

Me and XScopeX are both online during this time. A few people have said that XScopeX should have ban/kick powers returned, and I agree.

Thanks,
    FatalxMistake
    FatalxMistake
    Man

Location : NOT in my super sercet hidy hole under my house where i keep my diamonds

Players using mods Empty Re: Players using mods

Post  FatalxMistake Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:25 am

i agree that there should be atleast one mod on for most of the day to prevent this. But they would need to be the "FairMod" rank meaning they can ONLY kick/ban, no /i or /freeze or any other commands to give them advantages over the other players. Just my thoughts
    Adlin
    Adlin
    Man

Post  Adlin Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:07 am

i quit cuz queepo was soooo worried about his MCbans rep because i was global banning retards who use flightmod and he refused to install a simple plugin that would CURE US OF ALL FLIGHTMODS, its called NOCHEAT it eliminates all usage of flight and speed mods, now there is no one to ban them so good luck with that

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-nocheat-v1-05-detect-and-fight-the-exploitation-of-various-flaws-bugs-in-mc-860.4523/
    z00100100
    z00100100
    Man

Players using mods Empty i agree

Post  z00100100 Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:06 am

i agree it was at 2:00 am central america/canada time and this guy named sheriff2000 ithink was his name came outa nowhere and killed me and wouldnt give my diamond shovle back adv was nice enough to give me one to replace it but its jst the principle of the matter no admin/mod is on during 33% of the day.
    XScopeX
    XScopeX
    Man

Post  XScopeX Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:40 am

When im on, I won't see an admin between the times of 11am-8pm, and if there is one on its quite rare. I agree with Dirtystarfish that we need more day-mods, (and thanks for putting my name forward) I am on the server very frequently, and would very gladly assist once again as a mod. Also I have finally had the time to go down to the bank, so I've got some money in my account again - So ill donate once its been processed.
    Darksaga
    Man

Post  Darksaga Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:18 am

My vote goes to scope if we need another mod
    DirtyStarfish
    Slave

Post  DirtyStarfish Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:00 am

Update

The plugin NoCheat has been installed on the server!

This *should* prevent players from being able to fly, as well as other "impossible moves" (speedhack).

However, I personally think there still should be an additional mod, just so there is someone to keep things in check at all times, such as people joining and saying "join this server..."

But NoCheat does help alot! Smile
    Tariss
    Tariss
    Man

Post  Tariss Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:46 pm

I've noticed that XScopeX's normal playtime overlaps the end of mine, and mine overlaps the veeeery end or a little after the admins are on. I have to say this is a convenient schedule XD

If you guys ever consider one more modship, I'd put my vote behind XScopeX :)

Also, the NoCheat plugin is a lifesaver, really ^^ Yaaay!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 am