Rapture

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rapture

Forum dedicated to the community on the Rapture SMP Minecraft server.

3 posters

Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea?

Poll

Is this a good idea?

[ 0 ]
    Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Bar_left0%Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Bar_left100%Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Bar_left0%Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    Poll closed
    Cesue
    Cesue
    Man

Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Empty Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea?

Post  Cesue Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:58 am

According to a new server rule, we are now no longer allowed to "own" land. This means you can't have a private mine, you can't have a private house, a private farm, what have you. Fencing off any amount of land is also banned. Is this a good idea? What do you think?
    5730688B73F8190B
    Man

Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Empty Re: Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea?

Post  5730688B73F8190B Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:01 pm

No.

Here's how I look at it:

I don't want people in my mine. They're bound to take some minerals. I built that staircase down to bedrock, not them. MY hard work led to getting to that material, not theirs.

I want to be fence of reasonable amounts of land. In my case especially, I actually MADE my land, and I'd like to keep people out of it for now. Temporary, reasonable fencing should be allowed.

Our houses should be private. Do you want people coming into your real-life house and giving themselves a tour? No. Same applies here.

Private farms should be allowed. My reasons for this are basically the same as the mine ones: I built the farm, I don't want people running through it. I should be able to fence off my farm.

Cactus farming should be allowed. Cactus farming, not self-harvesting cactus farming, should be allowed. I get it, massive self-harvesting cactus farms are kinda cheap and borderline unfair. Plus, they cause lag. I'm a full fan of a "no self-harvesting farms" rule, not a "no x-type farms" rule.

"Play singleplayr if u dnt wnt people noob" No. I want people: I want to show people what I've made, I want to build with people, I want to own a town, I want to own a trading post, I want to interact with others. I just don't want them walking all over my property.

Think of it this way: If you owned a mine, farm, or house in real life, you wouldn't want people giving themselves tours of your places and doing who-knows-what else. The same applies here.
    Queepo
    Queepo
    Admin
    Admin

Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea? Empty Re: Do you think the new ownership law is a good idea?

Post  Queepo Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Thread closed for poor explanation of rules. Try again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:46 am