Rapture

Forum dedicated to the community on the Rapture SMP Minecraft server.

Nbord's Stuff (Suggestions, Info)

Nbord
    Man

Nbord's Stuff (Suggestions, Info)

Post  Nbord on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:28 am

There's some stuff I'd like to point out, comment on, suggest, etc.:

1. 1.7.3 has been released.
    From this post on The Word of Notch:
    Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
    Bug fixes, bug fixes and bug fixes.

- Corrected a block duplication bug when using pistons
    - Corrected a redstone torch duplication bug when using pistons
    - Corrected a client crash when placing a sign in front of the piston, powering the piston and then removing the block beneath the sign
    - Ice blocks are now pushed without causing water streams breaking everything
    - Booster rails are no longer being powered magically without a power source
    - Pistons connected to the end of a piston-transistor via redstone are now properly closed when the power goes out
    - Doors no longer create purple particles
    - Hacking clients can no longer edit texts of placed signs in multiplayer
    - Changed so that paintings pushed by pistons will pop off
    1.7.3 is a client-only update, meaning the server stayed the same. Both client 1.7.2 and client 1.7.3 are compatible and work perfectly with the current server version.

2. Bonus Towny Blocks
    BloodyNightmare has said that the maximum number of bonus blocks you can purchase is 100. Each one costs 1000 to buy, then the standard 500 to claim. Contact Queepo or BloodyNightmare if you'd like to buy them.

3. Forum Suggestions
    (This is going to be a big list xD)
    Remember, these aren't to be taken as offensive. They're just suggestions, improvements, and tweaks I'd like to see. Special thanks to ticktack for taking time to put this forum up.

1. General
    a. The "hello" bar on the homepage could be changed to something like "Welcome to the Rapture SMP Forums!"
    b. The IMPORTANT - 1000 Minecraft accounts hacked. Make sure you're not one. announcement is no longer needed.
    c. The "CURRENT SERVER STATUS / MOVED TO 74.63.209.192" (a / represents a line break} area could be changed to say "Current Server Status: / Online! 74.63.209.192" or "Server IP: / 74.63.209.192"

2. Rules and Server Info
    a. The APPLYING FOR BUILD RIGHTS thread is no longer needed and could be deleted.
    b. The Minecart Mania! thread is no longer needed and could be deleted.
    c. Both the Commands List and Server Rules threads need to be updated. I'm willing to do this, just ask.

3. Donations
    a. The List of Donors thread needs to be updated.

4. Ban/Unban Request
    a. All of the ban / unban request threads could be deleted, though this isn't necessary.

5. Small Talk
    a. A lot of threads in here need to be deleted or locked because they're old or irrelevant. There are too many to list, so I don't do it.

6. The Shop
    a. When I get around to it, I'll make a thread with a list of shops and their location on the server.
    b. The iConomy Prices thread can be deleted.

7. Upcoming Projects
    a. The old threads in here need to be either removed are locked.

8. Suggestions
    a. The old threads in here need to be locked or deleted.

9. Donor Forum (Wait, what!? This doesn't exist >_>)
    a. All of the threads in there could be deleted and replaced with one, all-inclusive thread.

I'd be willing to help with all of this, or do it all myself.

-----

If I think of anything else, I'll add it to this thread.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:27 pm